Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Knitting Lace-One New Year's Challenge Being Met

Well, this year I have set some knitting goals for myself. One of these goals is to knit a lace shawl. Low and behold, there is a beautiful Fountain Pen Lace Shawl from Susan Lawrence in the new issue of Interweave Knits. It is also made out of a yarn I currently have stashed. I had a skein of Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace yarn in Watercolors (a beautiful pink, lavender, blue, and olive color). I am hoping this will turn out nice. I already had to frog it because I didn't read the chart close enough. Note to self, watch which way the slashes go in the boxes or you will mess up your pattern. Lesson learned, and I am on my way.

On another note, I made an exception to buying yarn today. I could not pass up some cashmere lace weight yarn that was on sale at Hank of Yarn, my LYS here in northern Mississippi. I cannot wait to plan the project for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment