Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break Knitting

Thank god for lifelines. I reached the fourth repeat of the pattern on the fountain pen shawl, and for some reason I lost my ability to count. I had to rip it out about ten times or so before I got it right. I decided that I needed to find a new project for spring break so I didn't stress myself out. Something that took less concentration would be great for the plane and during down time.

Ok, geeky or not. I went to Ft. Myers for spring break, and I brought a new project with me. It was a good thing, too, because it was on an off raining while I was there (boooooo!). It was good to go see my dad for a couple days, though. For fear of having to mail back my needles and project, I left the fountain pen at home. I started the Basic Ribbed Socks by Kate Atherley. I had some yarn in my stash that I wanted to make socks out of, and these happened to be the ones. I bought some superwash merino/nylon blend yarn from LaLa's Knits in the Lost Boys colorway. It is a mix of purple, lime green, and brown. Sounds kind of weird, but it is actually very cool. The leg turned out almost candy striped (it wrapped down the sock in a spiral instead of just a straight stripe). I really like how the socks are turning out, and the yarn is very comfy on my feet. I finished one sock since Sunday. It is a great pattern for mindless knitting. You may consider it for your next SnB project. If you can count to four while you talk, you should have no problem. I actually follow the pattern of the previous row. I will finish the other sock and continue on the Fountain Pen Shawl now. Pictures should be coming soon.

One note, since my last post, I have fallen off the no yarn buying bandwagon. I fell off the wagon because my LYS, Hank of Yarn, received new stock that I could not resist. She brought in Plymouth Yarn's Mulberry Merina (52% mulberry silk and 48% merino wool). Talk about heavenly. Once I laid my hands on it, I could not resist. Have you ever had yarn talk you into buying it. Oh, wait, maybe that was my friend I was shopping with. :) Anyhoo, I bought that and some Cascade baby alpaca lace weight in a purple color. I also bought some sale yarn for a bag in the Spring Interweave Knits. I will post more on that once I get started.

1 comment:

  1. Nice, looking forward to the pictures! I think it was the Yarn that talked you into it ;)

    ReplyDelete